Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Two Conversations With Jenaya Today

Jenaya was here in kinder, then moved away. All I remember of her is a blur. She was a little ball and never sat still--and she liked to fight with teachers (verbally, of course.)

Now she is in 3rd grade. She's REAL calm. I ran into her this morning:

JENAYA: Mr. Bowers, you like my purse?

It's very stylish and fun looking, black and white with a long strap.

MR. BOWERS: Oh, yeah, that's cool, I like that.
JENAYAH: I got it from my grandma. She just died. Yeah, I've had about 12 people in my family die just now. My uncle, my grandma, uhh, this other man...i think he was related...
MR. BOWERS: Oh, my goodness, I'm sorry...well, you sure have a lot of people waiting for you up there in heaven...you'd better be good and make sure you get there!


Then I see her again this afternoon:

JENAYA: Whew, my medicine makes me sleepy.
MR. BOWERS: Oh, do you take some medicine to help you behave at school?
JENAYA: Yeah.
MR. BOWERS: Oh, haha, I bet you got in a lot of trouble at your other school after you left our school, didn't you?
JENAYA: (with a huge grin) Yeah.
MR. BOWERS: Well, do you think the medicine is working?
JENAYA: Oh, yeah, I never get in trouble.
MR. BOWERS: Does it keep you focused in school?
JENAYA: Yeah.
MR. BOWERS: Well, you seem to be doing a good job, keep it up.

No comments: