Friday, August 25, 2006

Watch your back!

In the morning the kids have the opportunity to walk the track. I walk the track with them to keep an eye on them. Two fourth grade boys who were walking in front of me suddenly busted out these little trucks and started racing them on the track. I told them, "WHOA! What's going on here! Give me those trucks, you can't play with those out here." Then I pulled them aside and said to them, "Guys, come on, I was standing right behind you. When you're gonna do something bad, at least have the common sense to look around and make sure nobody's watching."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Training criminals?

Mr.Bowers said...

No, just common sense. If they have the thought to look over their shoulder, then at least they are having the thought that what they are doing is wrong. Sometimes people just mindlessly follow their impulses instead of thinkin' about what is the right thing to do.