Wednesday, February 04, 2009

At Least He's Polite

So, I had a little problem with Gregorio (4th grade) in my Drama class. He was supposed to write a prepositional phrase for his partner to act out. He wrote, "Blah, blah, blah".

I told him, "Even though yours is very funny, you still have to write the sentence for me so your partner can get a turn to act it out." He refused. This is not a case of him not knowing what a prepositional phrase is, he is just being stubborn.

As I was walking him back to his class, I tried to talk some sense into him. His response:

"Please be quiet."

I tried talking some more. He refused to look at me. I tried calling his mom. She doesn't speak English. I told his teacher everything and she is going to talk to his mom.

This is the part of teaching that is so frustrating.

Maybe I need to take some more psychology classes.

No comments: