Monday, June 03, 2013

The Quiet Signal

My quiet signal needs to be retired.  I know how to use many quiet signals, but when I get frustrated with the noise, I draw my quiet signal out of my holster like a six-shooter.  It used to work brilliantly.  It used to amaze new students.  It could silence a cafet-orium full of noisy children instantly.   My quiet signal is dead.

Here it is:  I clap out shave and a haircut...you clap out two bits, then give me your attention.

Here, at the end of the school year, they clap. "two bits," then resume talking.

Maybe I'm the one letting them down.  I'm not good enough to keep their attention.

However, If I put my lesson on a television, I can keep their attention for as long as I want!  I'm gonna have to make some commercials. 

1 comment:

online dramas said...

so nice blogger