Tuesday, April 18, 2006

there's this kid

I AM SO UPSET!!!

There's this kid in 4th grade named "Kerry" who is so mean to her entire class that they hate her and treat her like trash. I don't know if she was mean to them first or they were mean to her first, but the situation has gotten out of control. I finally had enough, so we sat down and had a class meeting. I let them speak up one by one with the intention of clearing the air.

The first three people to speak all had issues with Kerry and were very rude to her. They took the class meeting as a chance to say mean things and be sassy. I finally had to stop the meeting.

I talked to the class about forgive or forget, products of their environment and choices. I told them that if someone hits me in the face and spits on me, I get to choose how I respond. I encouraged them to make good choices and think about the Golden Rule. I asked Kerry to listen to what their classmates were saying and ask herself if any of the things they were saying were valid. I have known her for a couple of years and she is kinda annoying, but she doesn't deserve to be treated like that.

I wasn't even able to have Drama with this class because of their lack of control. I hate days like this when I get so upset by the children. I feel like this class is full of hate and it rubs off on me and then I end up hating the class. I have to forgive or forget because I gotta teach them again in seven days. AAAAGHHHH!

No comments: