Friday, September 21, 2007

I DID NOT TAPE HIM DOWN!

Just for the record--C.J. (kindergartener) was NOT taped to his seat!

However, C.J. was having trouble staying in his seat and I WANTED to tape him to it. I decided to take a chance. I know C.J.'s mom and I hoped she would approve of what I did, but I want to make it clear that he was NOT taped to his seat. I laid a piece of tape across C.J.'s lap and told him to imagine that he was taped to his seat. The deal was, If my class ended and he was still "taped down" then he would recieve a sticker. C.J. was very excited to try it.

He succeded.

I would like to take full credit for this idea, but I actually heard about it a long time ago when I was training to be a teacher. I heard that you can do the same thing with a piece of string if you are worried about being sued, but like I said, "I DID NOT TAPE HIM DOWN!!!!!!"

1 comment:

Jenni-beck said...

this is so cute. i can't wait until you and karina have chillens, just so you can't try this stuff on them.

i had a trick i used when i taught dance...works best on 3-5 year-olds. tell the children to make 'duck lips' and then, stick your lips out and hold them together with your fingers...like a duck bill. (for some reason, they love this.) of course, kids can't talk b/c they're holding their mouths closed. then, you can have contests to see who can make the duck face the longest.

cheap trick, i know...but it works. :)