Wednesday, January 07, 2009

All You Need is Time

One of the third graders was telling me about his parents getting a divorce and how sad it was making him feel. Here's what I told him:

You know, my parents got divorced when I was in kindergarten? It was terrible. I missed my mom so much.

You know what, though? If my parents hadn't got divorced, I wouldn't be your teacher!

See, I moved to Houston to go to college because that's where my mom was. I loved it here and decided to stay in Houston after I graduated--that's when I started teaching here! I love this job!

I even met my wife in Houston! I love her! She's the best thing that ever happened to me!

See, if my parents hadn't got divorced, I would have NEVER even moved to Houston!

Just give it some time, and things will get better--you'll see.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

Best. Teacher. Ever.

That is all.