Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sometimes, I Do a Good Job!

I got a letter from a parent today and it made me feel proud, I wanted to share.  The names have been changed to protect the innocent: 

D'brickashaw told me yesterday that he was uncomfortable doing the class activity and that you helped him through it. He said I felt really good when Mr. Bowers supported me and complimented me.


I am sure you have had your share of boys/girls who were shy or didn't feel comfortable acting out things in class but you sure know how to handle it. You made him feel good and I appreciate you!



Yay!  I did it!  When I do get a kid who is shy, I don't push it, however, I try to make a deal with them that will get them to try again next time.  Also, getting them to act in larger groups in front of an audience helps them get over their fear.

Now, if the kid is just being lazy, I tell them that they don't get to tell the math teacher, "no" when they have to do math work.  This is Drama work and it is part of the school day!

No comments: