Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Not That There's Anything Wrong With That

MARY: Mr. Bowers, Kayla said I was gay!
MR. BOWERS: Kayla, why did you say that?
KAYLA: Because she had her arm around Melissa.
MR. BOWERS: Well, were you trying to give her a compliment like, "Hey, you're gay! I'm gay too, let's be friends!" Or were you being mean to her and teasing her and trying to hurt her feelings?
KAYLA: I was being mean.
MR. BOWERS: Then that is bullying, and that is unacceptable. So what needs to happen now?
KAYLA: I'm sorry, Mary.
MR. BOWERS: You know Kayla, I have a whole bunch of friends who are gay and it would really hurt their feelings to hear that you were being mean like that. I hope you don't do that anymore. Now you two kiss and make up.

(I really told them to shake hands--but the kiss and make up part really makes the story funnier!)

No comments: