Friday, April 20, 2007

Smelly Stamps

When a kid does something really good, I give them a stamp on their hand. Sometimes I use the ink pad that had the good smelling ink, like bubble gum or cotton candy. Whenever I start giving out the stamps, some kid will usually ask, "Are these the smelly stamps?" If they aren't the ones that have the cool flavors, I will reply, "Yes! These smell like ink!" or "Yes! These smell like your hand!"

Well, today as I was giving out the stamps, Ivan (4th grade) asked very slowly and inquisitively, "These stamps have some kind of stench on them?" I told him how funny he was and he replied, "I usually don't think before I speak. That's why I'm so funny."

I told Coach Reid about his question and how funny it was and he said that everything Ivan says to him is like something an old Englishman would say. I agree. I have known this kid since kindergarten and he has always had a very dry sense of humor.

No comments: