Saturday, April 04, 2009

Bree's Cryin'

I don't usually have to deal with relationship issues in elementary, but now that we have 5th grade, there have been some conversations.

Yesterday, a group of 5th grade girls were huddled around Bree and called me over:

MACY: Mr. Bowers, Bree's cryin', say something to her--make her laugh!
MR. BOWERS: What's wrong, Bree? (I've taught Bree since she was in Kinder.)
BREE: J.P's gonna break up with me.
MR. BOWERS: Why?
BREE: (still crying) Because I got him in trouble!
MR. BOWERS: What! J.P. is a boy! He probably doesn't even remember why he got in trouble! He can't even remember his name half the time! That's why everybody thinks he's so cute--he always looks like he's thinkin' real hard! I don't know why you're even talking about boys anyway! The cute boys are in college--and they're smart too--cuz they're in college! Ain't that right, girls?
GIRLS: Uh, huh, that's right etc.


That's probably the best I can do--keep herdin' them in the right direction.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

Please have this talk with Jess and Lily and Elizabeth when the time comes.

kthxbai!

Ironic verification word:
commin'
(time's a commin')

Word.