Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Dunking Booth

So, this weekend we had a carnival to raise money for the PTO. I volunteered to be in the Dunking booth. It was a blast--except for the following:

1. There was no border in front of the tank for the kids, so they kept running up and hitting the buzzer without perission. When I was a kid, and I did that , I had to be real sneaky and quick, you know, jump over a hay bail or something. These kids could just walk right up and no one seemed to object except me.

2. There was no border behind the tank to keep the kids from tripping the mechanism and dunking me. Luckily, a couple of parents stepped up and kept them away after a while.

3. There was a grandpa that also liked to walk behind the tank and dunk me in. Now I know where the kids get it.

4. The kids wanted to get splashed every time I got dunked, so they were all gathered around the tank. I don't know how many times I had to answer the question, "Can I get in the tank?" I always said, "I don't get to decide who gets in the tank, I am just doing my job."

5. The tank was only 3/4 full of water, and you can imagine how low the water was by the time I got dunked a few times. I was dropping like a stone--it was painful! We found the hose to refill it about the time I was getting out.

The best part was that the kids had a blast and I also got to see tons of former students--they all miss me, of course. I can tell because none of them COULD WAIT to dunk me.

My entire body is sore today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time arm youself with a high power water gun, you will have plenty of water to keep it refilled with and it DOES work to deter small button pushers.

Mr.Bowers said...

awesome! i never thought of that!