Friday, September 30, 2011

These Crazy Kindergarteners!

Man! These little guys really crack me up! I call role to help me learn their names and sometimes a kid will correct me when I call their first and last name by saying their whole name--first, middle and last. Usually, I write it down and call them by all three names for their entire tenure at my school--preK all the way to 5th.

Today, I was calling role and it went down something like this (I'm changing the kids first and last name to protect his identity--but the middle name is real):

MR. BOWERS: Jonathan Tatum.
JONATHAN: Jonathan O'NEIL Tatum!
MR. BOWERS: Did you say, "Jonathan Neil?"
JONATHAN: Jonathan O! Neil.
SOME OTHER KINDERGARTENER: Jonathan OATMEAL???
REST OF THE KINDERGARTENERS: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
MR. BOWERS: (sigh.)

No comments: